As Australia’s peak industry association for video games, we pride ourselves on being the voice of the collective game industry. Our mission is to create a world-leading environment that allows for the sustainable growth of all businesses in the interactive games and entertainment industry.
By becoming a member of IGEA you will join a range of other Australian game businesses, ranging from large developers, small indies, publishers, distributors, and platform holders.
Why Join IGEA?
IGEA works for you by offering a range of services in several key areas of focus:
Advocacy & Lobbying
We advocate for the industry through lobbying the Commonwealth and State governments on a range of issues, including, but not limited to developer funding (Federal & State), classification/censorship, loot boxes and microtransactions, copyright, and migration.
We conduct a series of research projects to support our lobbying efforts, including
- Digital Australia – a long-running research project on who Australian gamers are and why they play
- Developer Survey – which measures the size and contribution of the local game development industry
- Size of the retail market – which measures consumer spending on games in Australia
Game Developer Support
IGEA offers a range of resources specifically for members working in game development.
- A contract starter kit
- Discounted GCAP tickets
- Discounts for legal and accounting consultations with IGEA’s partners
- Webinars & workshops
- Government collaborations on investment and overseas market entry
- Access to shared working spaces
- Participation in Industry working groups
Types of Membership
IGEA is a not-for-profit member organisation with all fees used to support IGEA and our lobbying and advocacy work.
IGEA offers three types of memberships:
- Full membership includes platform holders, publishers, developers and/or distributors with at least $1M in annual turn-over.
- General Membership is for platform holders, publishers, developers and/or distributors who do not meet the requirements to become a Full Member, with fees starting from as low as $350pa
- Associate Membership is available for everyone else who wants to be a member and is a catch-all for partners and associated services
You can read more about the benefits of membership and our vision here
Joining is easy, just contact Jens@igea.net if you are interested in becoming part of the IGEA family.
You can also sign up here for IGEA’s general industry newsletters