We’re expanding and looking for an Industry Development Manager
INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
About the Company
Interactive Games & Entertainment Association (IGEA) is the peak trade body representing video game platform holders, developers, publishers and distributors in Australia and New Zealand.
We are a small team focussed on delivering positive and tangible outcomes for the industry through effective advocacy, lobbying, events, research and communications.
About the Role
This is a very diverse role crossing many aspects of the games development industry. We are after someone who will represent and grow our development membership, by providing them a ‘voice’ to government and industry, speaking both to and for the Australian video games development sector. The role reports in to the CEO and will work collaboratively with all the IGEA team.
As part of the team, the incumbent would engage with relevant State, Territory and Commonwealth agencies, departments and politicians, advocating on behalf of the industry. This will be as varied as managing, organising and attending industry or trade events or working directly with policy makers from within government.
There will be an expectation that the successful candidate will ensure that our business understands the needs of the development sector and that programs are put in place to support the industry. This will in turn offer a value proposition to members and potential members, with the incumbent working to increase the membership.
Benefits of the Role
- This is a fulltime role
- Working in an exciting, dynamic and tech driven industry
- A high level of autonomy
- Flexibility on location
- Working with a small experienced and professional team
What you need to have
- Experience or exposure to the video game development sector or a similar creative industry
- Understanding and experience in managing and organising trade events
- You must be adaptable and flexible as working in a small team in a fast-moving industry requires a high level of agility
- Project management experience
- Have commercial acumen and understand the workings of a P&L
- Be energetic and curious
- If you can’t tick all the above, then the ability to sell us on why that doesn’t matter!
How to Apply
Apply in writing, including a cover letter, CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
A job description for the role can be found here.
Industry Development Manager – JD
INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Based on experience
Head office is in Sydney, but applicants may reside anywhere within Australia
Purpose of the position
This is a very diverse role crossing many aspects of the games development industry. The incumbent will be the ‘voice’ that speaks both to and for the Australian video games development industry, engaging with member and non-member game developers as well as relevant State, Territory and Commonwealth agencies, departments and politicians, advocating on behalf of the industry.
Responsibilities and duties
- Represent and grow our development members by providing them a voice to government and industry
- Act as the interface between the Australian video game development industry and IGEA
- Create value for Australian video game development companies that results in an increase in IGEA membership
- Work with state, territory and commonwealth departments and agencies to secure funding and other tangible benefits for the Australian video game industry
- Advise the IGEA team on activities and programs that will enhance the Australian video games development industry
- Manage and organise relevant trade events, which will include various trade shows and missions
- Work with current members to ‘bridge the gap’ between them and the local dev sector
- Work with the IGEA team to enhance the overall reputation and value of the wider video games industry
Academic and trade qualifications
- Business or similar degree; and/or
- Formal training in a games related discipline
Work experience and skills
- Working closely with the video games development sector or a similar creative industry
- Proven success in running a trade or similar event
- Project Management
- Understanding of P&L
- Business development experience
- Exposure to working with government department and/or agencies
Personal qualities and behavioural traits
Essential qualities or behaviours
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use Microsoft suite of products
- Proven ability to work with minimum direction, exercising a high degree of autonomy and self-motivation
- While being self-directed, be an integral part of the management team
Desirable qualities or behaviours
- Strong presentation skills
- Attention to detail
This position will work very closely with the CEO, Policy & Regulatory Affairs Manager & Communications & Member Services Manager. There will be regular need to communicate directly with the IGEA Board and to present at Board meetings