The IGEA Member Mentorship Program Is Back
We are excited to announce that the IGEA Mentoring Program is making a comeback this year.
The program is a collaborative initiative aimed at fostering growth, knowledge-sharing, and professional development within IGEA. It provides an unparalleled chance for members to tap into the vast wealth of experience and expertise present in our network and help mentor the next generation of Australian game professionals. Mentorship Program?Why Apply to Join the
- Access to Seasoned Mentors: Gain insights from industry veterans who have navigated the very path you aspire to travel. Our mentors bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to guide you towards success.
- Train the Next Generation: This is an opportunity for you to pass on your knowledge to help grow the next generation of Australian game professionals, be it game developers, marketers, publishers, or any other roles.
- Tailored Guidance: Each mentoring relationship is personalised to your goals and needs. Whether you’re seeking career advice, industry insights, or specific skills development, our mentors are here to help you achieve your objectives.
- Expand Your Network: Forge meaningful connections with other members who share your passions and interests. The mentorship program is an excellent opportunity to grow your professional network, opening doors to future collaborations and opportunities.
How to Get Involved
- Apply: Fill out our mentorship program application form, indicating your goals, preferences, and what you hope to gain from the program.
- Process: Mentors’ and mentees’ applications will be processed by our Program Manager Lucy, who will also arrange an interview to determine eligibility and matching potential.
- Match: Lucy & IGEA will carefully match mentors whose expertise aligns with mentees’ objectives and interests.
- Connect: Once matched, you’ll kick off your mentorship journey.
Applications to be a Mentor and a Mentee are now open & will close on Monday 16th October. To apply to be a mentor click here: Mentor Application
To apply to be a mentee click here: Mentee Application
Please note: This program is for IGEA members only.
- An application does not mean you will be automatically accepted into the program.
- There will be an interview & matching process following applications to ensure we can create the most successful matches.
- Previous mentors are encouraged to apply to be mentors again. Unfortunately due to number restrictions, if you have previously been a mentee you will not be eligible to apply to be a mentee again.
- As a mentor: It is important that you can commit to training & supervision sessions throughout the year (1st training will be scheduled for the first week of November) and be committed to meeting your mentee either fortnightly or monthly for the 12 months commencing after initial training.
- As a mentee: It is very important that you are committed to being a successful mentee – proactive & available to meet your mentor fortnightly or monthly, and committed to making the most out of the opportunity.
- Mentors and Mentees will be required to understand and abide by the Mentoring Code Of Conduct.
If you have any questions prior to application please contact the Program Manager, Lucy Megginson, at email@example.com