IGEA and Awesome Black: So, you want to hire Blackfullas? Webinar.
Join the Interactive Games and Entertainment Association (IGEA) and Awesome Black for a discussion on sustainable hiring practices and how to apply them to seek out, recruit and retain Indigenous employees and partners.
Hosted by Travis De Vries and Ben Armstrong from Awesome Black, this 90-minute session is an introduction to the Dos and Don’ts of hiring First Nations staff.
Travis and Ben will take you through what you need to know about:
- Engaging Indigenous candidates in ways that are appropriate and not self-serving
- Avoiding tokenism and approaching the process with authenticity
- Scaffolding networks and services that ensure long term safety and support for Indigenous staff
- Understanding the importance of Indigenous Cultural and Intellectual Property (ICIP) to the games industry
- Deciding whether your organisation is equipped and ready for Indigenous staff – and if it’s not, what you need to do to get there
- Looking beyond a single-hire to create sustainable Career development practices for First Nations staff within the wider industry
- Going beyond recruitment to focus on relationship building and community engagement
And much more!
Awesome Black is a creative social enterprise, developing original First Nations talent and unique storytelling content across a variety of mediums. In all things, Awesome Black practice and preach First Nations, first. Generating opportunities for First Nations people to build sustainable and successful careers in the arts and creative industries, Awesome Black is committed to building pathways out of poverty and towards equitable access to authentically represented, resourced and compensated participation in the creative industries for First Nations people.
Watch the recording here: