Register Now to Join the Australian Stand at Gamescom 2022
Australia will be the official partner country of Gamescom 2022. Gamescom is the largest and most important business show for video games in Europe – if not the world – and this is the perfect opportunity to show the world what Australia has to offer!
In addition, IGEA is organising an Australian pavilion at the event, generously supported by:
- Screen Queensland
- Trade and Investment Queensland
- Investment New South Wales
- Creative Victoria
- The South Australian Department of Trade and Investment
- The South Australian Film Corporation
- Screen Tasmania
- Tasmanian Department of State Growth
The stand will be able to accommodate more than 20 studios. And we are looking for expressions of interest from you!
If you would like to use the Australian stand, please register your interest here:
Please also familiarise yourself with the Q&A section below as it includes important information.
For further information, please contact Jens firstname.lastname@example.org
Australian Stand FAQ
When and Where Will Gamescom Take Place?
Gamescom is hosted at the Kolnmesse in Cologne, Germany. The business halls, complete with the Australian stand, will be open from Wednesday 24 August to Friday 26 August.
Tell Me About the Australian Stand
The Australian stand will be located in the business area of Gamescom. It will be able to accommodate more than 20 studios on 120 m2. IGEA takes care of all stand building.
What Is Included in the Exhibitor Package?
Our exhibitor package includes:
- Access to the stand (including three passes per studio)
- Two meeting planning tools (Gamescom’s own and MeetToMatch)
- Marketing support
- Stand internet
- Access to a private meeting room
The details of the pre-training are yet to be determined but are likely to include:
- Destination information
- Hotels, access to the venue, what to know about Cologne
- Business training
- Pitch experience and feedback, including identifying potential partners and what to ask for
- State-based training
- E.g., information on what support programs each state has to offer so that attendees can confidently talk about them
- ‘Live’ get together by state so delegates can meet
Moreover, IGEA, in collaboration with Austrade, is working on a guide to the Australian games industry, featuring information on the ecosystem, support programs, and case studies of a range of studios.
Most importantly, IGEA does all the heavy lifting and stand build, so you don’t have to. All you need to do is turn up and start your meetings.
What Is This Going to Cost?
The stand fees are priced according to annual turnover:
- $7000 for businesses with revenues of $AU5m+
- $4500 for businesses with revenues between $AU3m-$AU5m
- $2500 for businesses with revenues below $AU3m
Please note: If you are eligible for Austrade’s Export Market Development Grant (EMDG), you will be able to claim 50% of those costs back. (If you have EMDG-related questions, please let us know.)
Moreover, if you are a developer from New South Wales, Western Australia or South Australia, your stand fees will be covered by their agencies.
What are the Selection Criteria?
The initial planning phase included a fixed allocation of studios per state in line with their financial contribution to the stand. That said, we are trying to accommodate as many studios as possible and may expand the footprint of the Australian stand beyond the initially planned 120 m2.
If we still got more applications than we could feasibly manage, we will need to engage in a selection process. Applications will be judged by IGEA in collaboration with the states supporting the stand. Given the importance of Gamescom in the annual calendar and the funds contributed by the states, the process will revolve around commercial criteria and/or studios’ track records.
What Does Country Partnership Include?
Country sponsorship will enhance Australia’s visibility at Gamescom by a range of means, including, but not limited to:
- Social media posts across all Gamescom social media channels
- Press kit in Gamescom’s press centre
- Integration of Australian guests into the opening ceremony with high-level politicians and media
- Enhanced visibility for Australia’s country pavilion by highlighting it as “Partner Country Pavilion“ on floor plans
- Integration of Australia’s Nation Brand into various channels (e.g., printing materials, Gamescom website, Gamescom exhibitor badges etc.)
- Sponsoring of the exhibitor night (incl. 50 tickets)
What Are the COVID Rules in Germany?
There are currently no restrictions in place in Germany. We will be adopting any legal requirements on the Australian stand.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
If Gamescom is cancelled, you will receive a refund on your booking.
Timing of Booking
Please fill out the forms by the 16th of May.