INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
About the Company
Interactive Games & Entertainment Association (IGEA) is the peak trade body representing video game platform holders, developers, publishers and distributors in Australia and New Zealand.
We are a small team focussed on delivering positive and tangible outcomes for the industry through effective advocacy, lobbying, events, research and communications.
About the Role
This is a very diverse role crossing many aspects of the games development industry. We are after someone who will represent and grow our development membership, by providing them a ‘voice’ to government and industry, speaking both to and for the Australian video games development sector. The role reports in to the CEO and will work collaboratively with all the IGEA team.
As part of the team, the incumbent would engage with relevant State, Territory and Commonwealth agencies, departments and politicians, advocating on behalf of the industry. This will be as varied as managing, organising and attending industry or trade events or working directly with policy makers from within government.
There will be an expectation that the successful candidate will ensure that our business understands the needs of the development sector and that programs are put in place to support the industry. This will in turn offer a value proposition to members and potential members, with the incumbent working to increase the membership.
Benefits of the Role
- This is a fulltime role
- Working in an exciting, dynamic and tech driven industry
- A high level of autonomy
- Flexibility on location
- Working with a small experienced and professional team
What you need to have
- Experience or exposure to the video game development sector or a similar creative industry
- Understanding and experience in managing and organising trade events
- You must be adaptable and flexible as working in a small team in a fast-moving industry requires a high level of agility
- Project management experience
- Have commercial acumen and understand the workings of a P&L
- Be energetic and curious
- If you can’t tick all the above, then the ability to sell us on why that doesn’t matter!
How to Apply
Apply in writing, including a cover letter, CV and salary expectations to email@example.com
A job description for the role can be found here.