Essential Facts 2017
The ESA have released their latest report – Essential Facts About the Computer and Video Games Industry in the US for 2017. You can check out the report here.
Some of the key findings include:
- Two thirds of American households regularly play video games
- Adult women represent a greater portion of the video game-playing population (31 percent) than boys age 18 or younger (18 percent).
- Seventy-one percent of parents feel video games positively impact their child’s life.
- The majority of parents (85 percent) are very familiar with the Entertainment Software Rating Board video game rating system, and among them, 96 percent are very confident the rating system is accurate.
- Fifty-three percent of the most frequent video game players report playing video games with others.
- Eleven percent of US households own a headset used to play virtual reality (VR) games, and one-third of the most frequent video game players say they will buy a VR headset in the next year.
- Seventy-four percent of PC/console VR headset owners use their device to play single player video games.