Research released by the ESA shows that more than 150 million Americans play video games
Recently, our friends at the ESA launched their latest research report, the 2015 Essential Facts about the computer video games industry, 2015 for the US market. You can download the report here.
Some of the key findings include:
- The average game player is 35 years old;
- The most frequent female game player is on average 43 years old;
- Women 18 years or older represent a significantly greater portion of the game-playing population than boys 18 years old or younger;
- On average, gamers have been playing for 13 years; and
- Consumers spent more than $22.41 billion on game content, hardware and accessories in 2014.
We launch the next phase of our Digital Australia and NZ series later this year and it will be interesting to see how the statistics compare.